Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic 2019 Vascular Senior Registrar/Fellow to join our Vascular Surgery Department in 2019.
Details of the Vascular Surgery Department
The Vascular Surgery Unit, as part of the Specialty CSU, is responsible for the provision of services within the specialty to patients across Austin Health. The Head of Unit is Mr Jason Chuen.
Located primarily at the Austin Hospital, the Unit is committed to the provision of high quality patient care and maintains an ongoing commitment to Under Graduate and Post Graduate teaching. Also provided is a consultative service for other Units within Austin Health. The outpatient clinic runs weekly at the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital campus of Austin Health.
Details of position/position requirements
- There are a number of surgical sessions and outpatient sessions per week, pre-admission clinics are included in the outpatients sessions for some units.
- Clinical care as required by the unit Consultants
- Training and teaching of junior medical staff and other staff as required
- Undertake research within the department
- Practice is to be guided by Austin Health values
To be successful in this role you must:
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- Be registered Medical Practitioner in Australia.
- Have appropriate Basic Surgical training.
- Have appropriate training and experience in the field of Vascular Surgery
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality patient care.
- Demonstrated capability and interest in research.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching.
Desirable but not essential:
- A sound understanding of information technology including clinical systems, applications relevant to the Management of rostering and risk management reporting or as required for the role and/or department.
- Demonstrated understanding of Clinical Governance
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ at the end of this page. You will be directed to sign in/register through the Austin Health Careers Site. Complete the registration process as prompted.
Please note: You will be required to attach copies of the following to your online application:
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Employment History Datasheet (upload as Selection Criteria Response)
- Fellowship Certificate (where applicable)