Case Worker / Social Worker - Young Parents
Employer: Uniting (Vic/Tas)
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Early Childhood, Family Services, Social Work, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 19 June, 2018.
Applications close: 02 July, 2018.
Passion: Work with young parents and their young children
Balance: Close to your home, small team
Growth: Large agency focused on staff development & internal opportunities
- Stimulating Social Work role for an experienced case worker
- Provide outreach support to young parents and their families
- Group work facilitation
- Innovative, vibrant team and supportive leadership
- Full time
- Maximum term to December 2018 – options for extension or transfer
- Office location - Croydon
- Connections – now part of Uniting
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join the Starting Out team in Croydon as a Case Worker. This vacancy is a parental leave cover. The maximum term is initially until the end of December 2018, with options for extension or transfer within Uniting Child, Youth and Family programs.
The Starting Out program is part of Connection’s Eastern Integrated Family Services suite of services. It is a unique service, which provides an innovative support service to young people 25 years of age or younger, who are pregnant or parenting, and their children, in Melbourne’s Eastern Metropolitan Region.
Connections offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Supportive and regular supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations across Uniting
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging (
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please provide responses online to the following questions related to the person specification:
- List your tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Provide examples of how you have undertaken risk assessments of babies, children and adolescent. Discuss how your assessments included theoretical approaches and your professional understanding of age, stage and development (birth – 5 years)
- Provide examples of how you have successfully and creatively engaged young families in planning and implementing appropriate interventions in relation to the development of parenting capacity and family functioning
- Summarise your experience with planning and facilitation of group programs and activities (desirable)
Get in touch
- Rachel Hamilton - Team Leader (03) 9724 2222
- Andrea Nash – Program Leader (03) 9724 2222
Employment is subject to satisfactory criminal history and Victorian Working with Children Checks prior to commencement. Uniting is proud to be an inclusive employer and committed to keeping children safe.